Kim Emerson, Checotah, OK
Joe Osborn, Ft Gibson, OK
Check in Thursday, March 2 10AM to 1PM
Registered Heifers:Check in
A-M 10:00am - 11:30am
N-Z 11:30am - 12:30pm
Commercial Heifers: 10:00am - 11:30am
Show at 8:30 a.m. Friday, March 3
CATTLE WILL BE ALLOWED TO USE TENTS IN DESIGNATED AREAS SPECIFIED BY THE BEEF SUPERINTENDENT
ALL TRAILERS WILL BE PARKED ON THE RUNWAY
All animals have to be on the grounds by check in and must remain on the grounds until shown.
Cattle Stall Assignments: Space is assigned to each county based on number of cattle nominated from that county compared to the total nominated. It varies from year to year, but might only be 2.5 feet per animal. We obviously know that isn't enough, but many nominated cattle don't show up and many chooseto utilize tents. We encourage you to cooperate with others from your county to best utilize the assigned space. If you need more space, contact the superintendent. Space might be available outside.
Only exhibitors will be allowed in the show rings and holding areas. Parents or other exhibitors will not be allowed to assist the exhibitors in the show rings or holding pens during judging time and shall remain completely outside show or holding pens.
All cattle will be groomed in the cattle barn or in areas designated by the show officials.
Electricity may be limited in the Beef Barn. Generators are encouraged.
Clean up: NO STRAW OR HAY IS ALLOWED FOR BEDDING. STALL, PEN AND EXHIBITION PLACES MUST BE CLEAN AT ALL TIMES AND REFUSE DISPOSED OF AS DIRECTED BY THE SUPERINTENDENT. STRAW MAY BE USED IN TIE OUTS, BUT MUST BE CLEANED UP AND REMOVED AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE SHOW BY EXHIBITORS. REMOVE ALL PLASTIC BAGS INCLUDING BEDDING BAGS.
The General rules and Regulations published in the premium list of the Muskogee Regional Junior Livestock Show will apply to all heifer classes.
All heifers must be nominated by December 12, 2022.
1. To constitute a breed; five heifers must check-in and show. Any breed having less than five heifers show will be placed in "All other breeds". All other breeds will show as any other breed.
2. Registered heifers must have hair samples (DNA); if the tattoo is not present a MRJLS nomiation tag must be attached; if registration papers are not available at the time of nomination a MRJLS nomination tag must be attached. Birthdate and breed must be recorded on nomination form. Heifers must be shown as nominated. If an exhibitor nominates a registered heifer without registration papers and would like the option to show the heifer as commercial, in case registration papers are not received, heifer must be tagged.
3. Registration papers are required for registered beef heifers. Only original registration papers from breed associations will be acceped. Registration papers must be in exhibitors name by December 12, 2022. All registered heifer entries must be registered and recorded in the sole name of the exhibitor or in his/her name and the name of his/her siblings under the age of 19. However, the heifer may only be entered, nominated and shown in one exhibitor's name. Tattoos and brands must match the papers and be correctly labeled.
4. An official health certificate must accompany all show animals. The official health certificate must be issued within thirty days and shall be available at any time to the representatives of the Animal Industry Division. All animals must be free of any infectious, communicable or contagious disease and if such a disease is found, it will be cause for removal of the animal(s) from exhibition.
5. Commercial heifers will be weighed. Classes will be divided by weight.
6. Lost tags on all animals must be replaced by check in time for their division.
7. Show Order
a. Commercial Heifers
b. Registered Heifers (in alphabetical order)
c. All other breeds
40 Heifers make the sale.
Registered Heifer Classes
a) Summer Heifer Calves - calved after May 1, 2022
b) Spring Heifer Calves - calved between March 1 and April 30, 2022
c) Junior Heifer Calves - calved between January 1 and February 28, 2022
d) Winter Heifer Calves - calved between November 1 and December 31, 2021
e) Senior Heifer Calves - calved between September 1 and October 31, 2021
g) Summer yearling Heifers - calved between May 1 and August 31, 2021
f) Junior yearling Heifers - calved between March 1 and April 30, 2021
h) Senior Yearling Hefers - Calved between January 1 and February 28, 2021
Commercial heifer class will be shown according to weight.
All decisions at time of weigh in will be FINAL. There will be no changes made!
Heifer Sale Selection: 40 Heifers make the sale. All placings in each class will be eligible for the sale and will come back to show for preliminary sale order after each breed, final sale order will be selected after Grand Champion Heifer, Reserve Grand Champion Heifer and Bronze Medallion Heifer have been selected.