Gary Cook, Ft Gibson, OK
ALL HOG CARDS ARE DUE MONDAY AT 1:00PM.
Monday, Feb. 27, 2023
Hog cards for minor breeds: Berks, Chester, Spot, Polands, Herefords and Yorks are due by 1:00pm
All other breeds: Durocs, Hampshires and Crosses due by 1:00pm
Minor breeds show at 5:00pm
Tuesday, February 28, 2023
All other breeds: Durocs, Hampshires, and Crosses show at 8:00am
*WATER ONLY* NO PAINT, POWDER, OIL ADHESIVE ETC...SUPERINTENDENTS DECISION IS FINAL.
HOGS WILL BE PENNED IN THE BARN.
ALL TRAILERS WILL BE PARKED ON THE RUNWAY
All animals must be on the grounds by check in and must remain on the grounds until shown.
Any exhibitors show swine caught leaving or returning to grounds after check in will be disqualified. No Excuses!
NO ONE ALLOWED BEHIND PLACING PENS EXCEPT VOLUNTEERS DESIGNATED BY SUPERINTENDENT.
Lost tags on all animals must be replaced by check in time for their division.
All Market Swine exhibited in the state of Oklahoma for Spring Shows shall:
- Be individually identified with an official identification device permanently affixed to right ear (plastic ear tag ID recommended).
- Have a negative pseudo rabies test conducted after November 10, 2022 and be identified on the test chart by official identification number. PAPERS WILL BE CHECKED.
- Present test record or proof of test by health certificate at each exhibition.
- After exhibited, be kept separate and apart from all breeding swine or until they are tested negative in not less than thirty (30) days following last exhibition, or shipped direct to slaughter.
- Owners and or immediate family members of owners of pseudorabies qualified herds may exhibit swine originating from their qualified herd without the required testing provided the required identification pseudorabies herd status and number are presented at each exhibition.
- Swine from pseudo rabies qualified negative herds that have been exhibited in Oklahoma lose qualified status and must meet all state of destination test requirements prior to interstate movement. After being exhibited they must be held separate and apart from all other breeding swine and be retested negative in not less than 30 days following last exhibition reintroduction to qualified herd.
Only exhibitors will be allowed in the show rings and holding areas. Parents or other exhibitors will not be allowed to assist the exhibitors in the show rings or holding pens during judging time and shall remain completely outside the show or holding pens.
There must be 18 hogs entered and weighed in to make a breed.
All general rules and regulations apply - see General Rules & Regulations page.
Minimum Wt. 200 lbs. – Maximum Wt. 290 lbs.
No snaring of hogs. Snaring may disqualify the exhibitor.
Weight must be written on card or hog will be put in heavy weight.
Prize money will be divided among classes according to number of entries per class.
SHOW ORDER: On each day breeds will show in alphabetical order followed by Crossbreeds & Other Breeds
ALL BREED CHARACTERISTICS WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE JUDGE.
All market hogs placing 1st thru 3rd will be weighed. A 10 pound weigh-back of the weight turned in on the CARD will be used. for the maximum weight only.
Any hog that weighs out will be disqualified and the next place hog in the class will move up.
The total number of swine selected by the judge for the premium auction will be 60 head.Premium sale selection and alternative selection will take place immediately following the Breed and Reserve Breed Champion selection. If you placed in your class you may be required to show for sale order and alternate sale order. Exhibitors that are eligible for sale order must be ready to return to the show ring. Exhibitors must drive their own animals unless they have two showing for sale order.
You may be required to drive your hog in the arena again after Breed and Reserve Breed. If you place, you may have to return to the arena. You must drive your own animal for premium auction selection unless that exhibitor has 2 or more animals in the arena. Only then will a substitute be allowed.